From BISG some interesting stats...
* preference for print over digital texts dropped from 72% in November
2011 to 60% in late 2012.
* satisfaction with ebooks declined in 2012,only 26% of students citing
they were “very satisfied” with their digital text, down from 30% in
* less than 50% of students purchase the current edition of their textbook
* rentals are gaining more popularity but are still only preferred by
13% of students
* laptops usage down, tablet usage up but laptops still getting 72% of
use vs 32% for tablets.
Jan 29, 2013 Comments